Why get a car charger?
In 2019, as part of its Climate Action Bill, the government announced that it intends to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2030 in order to help Ireland meet its carbon emissions targets.
In order to meet these targets, an SEAI grant was offered to those who had purchased an electric vehicle. This grant was later expanded to anyone who wished to have a car charger installed.
This basically means you can receive a €600 discount from the cost of our installation.
What you should know
In order to have a car charger installed in your home, your home must meet a few safety criteria. The incoming mains must be at least 16mm in size in order to deal with the large load a car charger will require. An earth rod must be visibly installed in your home as well as all other equipotential bonding. Again this ensures the safety of installation with the increase in load.
How to apply for a grant
- Complete the online Electric Vehicle Home Charger grant application form. You will need your Meter Point Reference Number (the full 11 digit number on the top of your electricity bill) and your home address Eircode.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Letter of Offer via email as well as the Terms and Condition and a Payment Request Form link. Separately, you will also receive an email containing the Installation Details form that needs to be completed by your electrician - please make sure to forward this email to us. Both emails will be sent from email@example.com.
- From when you receive your Letter of Offer, you have 6 months to complete the installation of your charge point.
- The work can only be performed by a fully qualified electrician who is registered accordingly with Safe Electric Ireland, which Evergreen Electrical are.
- Once the installation is done, Evergreen Electrical would complete the Installation Details form and you should complete the Payment Request Form.
- Evergreen Electrical would also provide you with a copy of the Certificate Number 3.
- Submit your Payment Request Form found in the Letter of Offer email with the following items:
- Fully signed and completed Payment Request Form including bank account details
- Copy of Certificate Number 3 from Evergreen Electrical
- Copy of Test Record sheet from Evergreen Electrical
- Copy of invoices provided by Evergreen Electrical
- Photographs of the installed charge point
Evergreen Electrical would also send a fully completed copy of the Certificate Number 3 to Safe Electric Ireland. SEAI would then check with Safe Electric Ireland that the relevant certificate has been filled for that work and that we are fully approved and registered electricians. Once this is confirmed, an electronic payment of the grant amount would be sent to the bank details provided by the you.
€600 grants available from SEAI for electric vehicle charger installations
Get in touch
We`d love to hear from you
© Copyright Evergreen Electrical Ltd